Let me start this by saying that I am NOT a morning person. I don’t talk (only glare) before 11:00am and I can’t problem-solve until noon. I also hate breakfast (possibly because I associate it with mornings) and breakfast food makes me gag. That being said, Stacy gave me a totally banging recipe for a Paleo egg bake that you can make on Sunday and then eat throughout the week for breakfast! That’s right, no more figuring out what to eat when my eyes aren’t focusing yet. No more skipping breakfast. It took 5 minutes of prep and 30 minutes of baking and I’m set! Here’s the recipe:
Paleo Egg Bake
- Veggies (I used a green bell pepper and half an onion)
- Bacon (I probably used 1/2 lb chopped and cooked–you can never have too much bacon)
- 1 dozen eggs
- Olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 350° and coat a 9×9 or 9×13 inch pan (depending on how thick you want your egg bake to be–I used a glass 9×9) with olive oil.
- Cook bacon, chop and set aside.
- Chop veggies into small pieces and cook in a skillet with olive oil for a couple of minutes. Combine with bacon.
- Whisk eggs and add a little water for fluffiness. You can also mix in any spices you like.
- Spread veggies and bacon in the bottom of your dish and then pour the eggs on top. I sprinkled black pepper and salt on top of mine.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes depending on size of your pan. I started at 15 minutes and then added 5 minutes at a time until it was cooked through. It took mine 30 minutes to cook.
- BOOM. You have breakfast for the week.
(Sorry there isn’t a pretty picture of it fresh from the oven–I started chowing down right away!)