The queen of Paleo breakfasts (AKA, Stacy) has been at it again! This is the latest recipe that she’s tried and she said it is amazing! She did improvise a bit–she couldn’t find sweet potato tater tots so she got sweet potato fries and ran them through her magic bullet. She also made it in an 8×8 casserole dish and it turned out fine so consider that an option too! Stacy found the original recipe at EasyHealth Living.
Sweet Potato Breakfast Cups (makes 6 muffin cups or one 8×8)
- 19 oz package frozen sweet potato tots, thawed (or fries, just pulse them until mashed)
- Olive oil or coconut oil for greasing your muffin tin
- 1/4 cup lean diced ham (I think you could use bacon or sausage if you wanted to mix it up)
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp coconut milk or almond milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and coat muffin tin cups (or baking dish) with oil.
- Place about 5-6 thawed sweet potato tots in each cup (or divide the mashed sweet potato fries between 6 muffin tins).
- Mash tots with the back of a spoon and shape so that it forms a cup or shell (going up the sides of the muffin tin cup). Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and reduce heat to 350 degrees.
- Add diced ham (or other meat) to the sweet potato cups. In a bowl, whisk together eggs and coconut or almond milk, adding salt or pepper if you want to. Pour the egg mixture over the meat dividing it evenly between the 6 cups.
- Bake cups for 15 minutes or until eggs are set.
Note: These should be easy to freeze in cup form, just let them cool and store them in a Ziploc bag or freezer container in the freezer. Pull them out and microwave them when it’s time for breakfast!