I completely forgot to post on here for a while so I’ll be putting a couple of recipes up in the next couple of days. I tried quite a few new Paleo dishes in January and found several great ones! Here’s the Baked Citrus Chicken recipe that I got from The Diary of Dave’s Wife:
Baked Citrus Chicken
- 6 chicken breasts
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 lemons, one juiced and one sliced
- 2 oranges, once juiced and one sliced
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 tbsp oregano
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, garlic, honey, lemon juice, orange juice, Italian seasoning, paprika, onion powder, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper.
- Place chicken in a rimmed 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Place and spread them out evenly in the pan. Pour oil mixture all over chicken, turning pieces to coat all sides. Arrange slices of lemon, orange and onion around and under the chicken. Sprinkle all over generously with oregano, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Bake uncovered for about 30-40 minutes, or until chicken is cooked and juices run clear.
This was delicious and I love that you can prep it ahead in the morning!