I love Kind bars but (a) they can be expensive and (b) a lot of them aren’t technically Paleo. This recipe is even better than any Kind bar I’ve ever had and makes for a great snack! I might leave the chia seeds out next time since I liked to eat this at work and the seeds kept getting stuck in my teeth. This recipe is from Primal Bites.
- 1 cup almonds
- ½ cup walnuts, pecans, or your favorite nut (I used more almonds)
- ½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- ⅓ cup golden raisins
- ⅔ cup pumpkin seeds
- ⅔ cup sunflower seeds
- 3 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 3 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp orange zest
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup honey
- Preheat the oven to 350 F, line a 9×13 glass dish with parchment paper, and grease it with coconut oil.
- Roughly chop the nuts, then mix together all ingredients except for the coconut oil and honey in a large bowl.
- Separately mix together the oil and honey, then pour over the nut/seed mixture, and stir until everything is evenly coated.
- Pour into the parchment lined cookie sheet and spread into an even layer with a spatula. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 20 minutes, then lift up gently using the parchment paper, and place in the fridge for another 20 minutes to harden. Once solid, remove from the fridge and slice into bars of your desired size.
- Store in ziploc bags in the fridge. These can be frozen too.