These are great because you can make them ahead and freeze them or store them in the fridge for a couple weeks. Very easy to pull out for breakfast on the go or a snack.
Apricot Chia Energy Bars
- 1 cup dried dates, pitted
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 Tablespoons dark chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life because they are soy and dairy free)
- Line a 8×8 or 9×9 square pan with wax or paper. I did a double batch and used a 9×13.
- Place dates, apricots, chia seeds and cinnamon in a food processor, and process until the mixture forms a large mass.
- Break up slightly with a spatula, add pumpkin seeds to the mixture in the food processor, and pulse until there are small chunks of pumpkin seeds.
- Break up the mixture one more time, add chocolate chips and pulse a few times to slightly break and distribute the chips.
- Press the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Refrigerate for 30-45 minutes, then slice into bars or squares.